1st RB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BCT Day one

Go down

BCT Day one Empty BCT Day one

Post  Admin Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:50 pm

[size=24pt]BCT Agenda[/size]
[size=18pt]1st Ranger Battalion[/size]

BCT Day one 1stRB

[size=18pt]Day 1 - Welcome to the Unit[/size]

Introduction (Fort Devens)

- (Get everyone lined up in the Classroom)
- Welcome the new privates to the unit
- Introduce all members of Training Staff
- Explain from this point forward, they must ask permission to speak.
- Today we will be going over some introductory information and then moving on to realism
- Make sure everyone has proper forum access and ventrilo

What a realism unit is about

- A realism unit is a bit different from a normal clan
- We use ranks, have a more realistic structure, etc.
- The main reasons are reenactment, but it also allows us to keep things well organized

Standing Orders

- I will treat all guests on my units server and forums with respect.
- I will help others to the best of my ability.
- I will lead by example.
- I will never portray my unit in a negative manner.
- I will conduct myself accordingly while wearing the [1st RB] tag.

Drills and Requirements

- Some notes about drills
- Right now you're on the wall with pistols out, this is called the position of attention
- We always start drills this way
- You also need to ask *Permission to Speak* if you have a question and an instructor will grant it
- Also explain falling-in and out
- We do this to keep things more organized so that the chat and mic are clear while things are being explained
- “Ready Front” “Dress Right, Dress”, explain the need to ask permission to fall in or out.
- Remember, drills for you are Tuesday and Thursday at 8PM Eastern
- If you can't make it for any reason (work, school, out with friends, family, etc.) that's fine
- But you do need to post a drill excuse on the forums
- If you're going to be gone for longer than two days, you should also request a Leave of Absence in the adjutant's office on the forums
- This helps us keep track of who is still in the unit
- If you're unexcused, you receive a demerit.....3 demerits is a discharge, so try to avoid that
- Required Binds...Salute bind, Permission to Fall In, Permission to Fall Out, Permission to Speak, !medic
- Explain how to properly do an up-down. Sequence is Jump, Prone mid-air, unprone, Jump.

Rank Structure

- So you will need to get used to calling people by rank and following orders
- Cpl's and the various grades of Sgt. are NCOs, Lieutenant and Captain are officer ranks (use some people present as examples)
- These are your superiors in the unit, so you'll need to address them by rank and follow their instructions
- Only Officers are Sir
- I think you'll find the people who are NCOs aren't jerks about it, though if you do have a problem, talk to someone about it
- The NCOs and officers do a lot of extra work to help keep the unit running and organized

Chain of Command

- We also use the concept of a chain of command in the unit
- If you have a question or problem you shouldn't go straight to the top, ask your immediate superior instead
- Always follow the CoC, in addition to being more realistic, this also helps us keep things organized
- We have a good number of members, so assigning people like this keeps things running smoothly

Being in a squad
- Have all the privates break up into 1 or two squads, depending on numbers
- Number the squads and assign a member of t-staff as their "squad leader"
- If they have a question during BT, try to go to the squad leader first (but if they have a little trouble it's ok to ask someone else on t-staff)
- Once they've graduated they will be placed in a real squad which has a squad leader and assistant squad leader

Saluting

- Officers (But NOT NCOs!) should be saluted
- If you join the server and an officer is present, salute
- If you leave and an officer is present, salute
- The only area that's a little trickier is if you are already in the server and an officer joins after you
- If only privates are in the server, you all salute....but if an NCO is present, the highest-ranking NCO salutes for all

CORDs

- Teach CORDs and run through them at least once

How to Play Realism

- Explain the set-up for a realism round (Attack vs. Defense, boundary line etc.)

- While attacking during realism, you will almost always break up into squads
- Using the squad(s) they're already in, line them up single file
- The first member of the squad is the pointman, he always watches the front
- The last member is the rear guard, and is responsible for watching everyone's back
- The squad leader is usually in the middle, giving him easier access to all sides

- During a round, stick with your squad, don't go running off rambo style
- Trust your teammates and watch their back

- Some things to keep in mind:
- While in formation, don't get ahead of the person in front of you
- For example if you're moving down an alley.....if the person ahead of you has stopped, there's probably a reason
- Also maintain proper spacing, if you bunch up too close...one nade can kill you all
- Finally, stagger and don't let the person in front of you block your line-of-sight
- Stick together but don't stay in a straight line, adapt to the terrain but make sure you can see your teammates

Conclusion
- Ask for questions, answer or give directions to find them

Realism

- With time remaining, set-up a realism round with as good numbers as possible
- If at all possible, try to keep the privates in the squads they've been assigned and have their BT squad leader lead them

Admin
Admin

https://1strangers.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum