1st RB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Award criteria

Go down

Award criteria Empty Award criteria

Post  Admin Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Code:
[quote][center][img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/Lanzen/1stRB.png[/img]
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa79/velanya/confidentialstamp-1.png[/img]
[/center]

[size=18pt][b]Summary[/b][/size]
This regulation provides unit policy, criteria, and administrative instructions concerning individual decorations, service medals, combat and special skill badges, and similar devices awarded in recognition of personal accomplishments. The goal of the unit awards program is to foster mission accomplishment by recognizing excellence of all members of the unit and motivating them to high levels of performance and service.

[size=18pt][b]Medals[/b][/size]
[hr]

[b][size=14pt]Distinguished Service Cross[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/DistinguishedServiceCross1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for extreme acts of heroism, defining the highest levels of integrity against an enemy.[/i]

"The Distinguished Service Cross, section 3742, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3742), was established by Act of Congress 9 July 1918 (amended by act of 25 July 1963). The Distinguished Service Cross is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the Army, distinguished himself or herself by extraordinary heroism not justifying the award of a Medal of Honor; while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing or foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing Armed Force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The act or acts of heroism must have been so notable and have involved risk of life so extraordinary as to set the individual apart from their comrades."

[b][size=14pt]Distinguished Service Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/DistinguishedServiceMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for exceptional meritorious service in performance of a job capacity. [/i]

"The Distinguished Service Medal, section 3743, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3743), was established by Act of Congress 9 July 1918. The Distinguished Service Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, has distinguished himself or herself by exceptionally meritorious service to the Government in a duty of great responsibility. The performance must be such as to merit recognition for service which is clearly exceptional. Exceptional performance of normal duty will not alone justify an award of this decoration. For service not related to actual war, the term "duty of great responsibility" applies to a narrower range of positions than in time of war and requires evidence of conspicuously significant achievement. However, justification of the award may accrue by virtue of exceptionally meritorious service in a succession of high positions of great importance. Awards may be made to persons other than members of the Armed Forces of the United States for wartime services only, and then only under exceptional circumstances with the express approval of the President in each case."

[b][size=14pt]Silver Star[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/SilverStar1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for superior heroism or gallantry in action against an enemy.[/i]

"The Silver Star, section 3746, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3746), was established by Act of Congress 9 July 1918 (amended by act of 25 July 1963). The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The required gallantry, while of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Service Cross, must nevertheless have been performed with marked distinction. It is awarded upon letter application to Commander, USA HRC, ATTN: AHRC–PDO–PA, Alexandria, VA 22332–0471, to those individuals who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, received a citation for gallantry in action in World War I published in orders issued by a headquarters commanded by a general officer."

[b][size=14pt]Legion of Merit[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/LegionofMerit1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for performance of excellent staff service.[/i]

"The Legion of Merit was established by Act of Congress 20 July 1942 (Public Law 671–77 Congress). Executive Order 9260, 29 October 1942 prescribed the criteria for the award and was amended by Executive Order 10600, 15 March 1955. The Legion of Merit is awarded to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or a friendly foreign nation who has distinguished himself or herself by exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements. Criteria for members of the Armed Forces of the United States are as follows:
(1) The performance must have been such as to merit recognition of key individuals for service rendered in a clearly exceptional manner. Performance of duties normal to the grade, branch, specialty, assignment, or experience of an individual is not an adequate basis for this award.
(2) For service not related to actual war, the term "key individuals" applies to a narrower range of positions than in time of war and requires evidence of significant achievement. In peacetime, service should be in the nature of a special requirement or of an extremely difficult duty performed in an unprecedented and clearly exceptional manner. However, justification of the award may accrue by virtue of exceptionally meritorious service in a succession of important positions.
(3) Award will be made without reference to degree."

[b][size=14pt]Soldiers Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/SoldiersMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for exceptional leadership, conduct, professionalism and maturity.[/i]

"The Soldier’s Medal, section 3750, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3750) was established by Act of Congress 2 July 1926 amended 10 USC 3750. The Soldier’s Medal is awarded to any person of the Armed Forces of the United States or of a friendly foreign nation who, while serving in any capacity with the Army of the United States, including Reserve Component Soldiers not serving in a duty status, as defined in 10 USC 101(d), at the time of the heroic act, who distinguished himself or herself by heroism not involving actual conflict with an enemy. The same degree of heroism is required as that of the award of the Distinguished Flying Cross. The performance must have involved personal hazard or danger and the voluntary risk of life under conditions not involving conflict with an armed enemy. Awards will not be made solely on the basis of having saved a life."

[b][size=14pt]Bronze Star[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/BronzeStar1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for heroic acts of service against an enemy.[/i]
*Can be awarded a Combat V attachment for actions not equal to Silver Star.

"The Bronze Star Medal was established by Executive Order 9419, 4 February 1944 (superseded by Executive Order 11046, 24 August 1962, as amended by Executive Order 13286, 28 February 2003). The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Army of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, in connection with military operations against an armed enemy; or while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. Title 10, United States Code, section 1133, (10 USC 1133) limits award of the Bronze Star Medal to service members receiving imminent danger pay. Awards may be made for acts of heroism, performed under circumstances described above, which are of lesser degree than required for the award of the Silver Star. The Bronze Star Medal may be awarded for meritorious achievement or meritorious service according to the following:

(1) Awards may be made to recognize single acts of merit or meritorious service. The lesser degree than that required for the award of the Legion of Merit must nevertheless have been meritorious and accomplished with distinction.

(2) Award may be made to each member of the Armed Forces of the United States who, after 6 December 1941, has been cited in orders or awarded a certificate for exemplary conduct in ground combat against an armed enemy between 7 December 1941 and 2 September 1945, inclusive, or whose meritorious achievement has been otherwise confirmed by documents executed prior to 1 July 1947. For this purpose, an award of the Combat Infantryman Badge or Combat Medical Badge is considered as a citation in orders. Documents executed since 4 August 1944 in connection with recommendations for the award of decorations of higher degree than the Bronze Star Medal will not be used as the basis for an award under this paragraph. Veterans and retirees may submit letter application to National Personnel Records Center, ATTN: NPRMA–M, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63132–5100. Soldiers who retired or were discharged after to 1 October 2002 and the next of kin of Soldiers who died after 1 October 2002 should send their letter application to the Commander, U.S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC–CC–B, 1 Reserve Way, St. Louis, MO 63132–5200. The letter application should include documentary evidence, if possible.

(3) Upon letter application, award of the Bronze Star Medal may be made to eligible Soldiers who participated in the Philippine Islands Campaign between 7 December 1941 to 10 May 1942. Performance of duty must have been on the island of Luzon or the Harbor Defenses in Corregidor and Bataan. Only Soldiers who were awarded the Distinguished Unit Citation (Presidential Unit Citation) may be awarded this decoration. Letter application should be sent to the National Personnel Records Center, ATTN: NPRMA–M, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63132–5100. Soldiers who retired or were discharged after 1 October 2002 and the next of kin of Soldiers who retired or were discharged after 1 October 2002 should send their letter application to the Commander, U.S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC–CC–B, 1 Reserve Way, St. Louis, MO 63132–5200."

[b][size=14pt]Purple Heart[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/PurpleHeart1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded to a soldier who has been injured and has survived the round.[/i]

"The Purple Heart was established by General George Washington at Newburgh, New York, on 7 August 1782, during the Revolutionary War. It was reestablished by the President of the United States per War Department General Orders 3, 1932 and is currently awarded pursuant to Executive Order 11016, 25 April 1962; Executive Order 12464, 23 February 1984; Public Law 98-525, 19 October 1984 amended by Public Law 100–48, 1 June 19871; Public Law 103-160, 30 November 1993; Public Law 104-106, 10 February 1996; and Public Law 105-85, 18 November 1997. The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States and per 10 USC 1131, effective 19 May 1998, is limited to members of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving under component authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after 5 April 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died or may hereafter die after being wounded—
(1) In any action against an enemy of the United States.
(2) In any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States
are or have been engaged.
(3) While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in
which the United States is not a belligerent party.
(4) As the result of an act of any such enemy of opposing Armed Forces.
(5) As the result of an act of any hostile foreign force.
(6) After 28 March 1973, as the result of an international terrorist attack against the United States or a foreign
nation friendly to the United States, recognized as such an attack by the Secretary of Army, or jointly by the
Secretaries of the separate armed services concerned if persons from more than one service are wounded in the attack.
(7) After 28 March 1973, as the result of military operations while serving outside the territory of the United States
as part of a peacekeeping force.
(8) Members killed or wounded in action by friendly fire. In accordance with 10 USC 1129 for award of the Purple Heart, the Secretary of the Army will treat a member of the Armed Forces described in (a), below, in the same manner as a member who is killed or wounded in action as the result of an act of an enemy of the United States."

[b][size=14pt]Army Commendation Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/ArmyCommendationMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for outstanding service to the unit.[/i]

"The Army Commendation Medal (ARCOM) was established by War Department Circular 377, 18 December 1945 (amended in DA General Orders 10, 31 March 1960). The ARCOM is awarded to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving in any capacity with the Army after 6 December 1941, distinguishes himself or herself by heroism, meritorious achievement or meritorious service. Award may be made to a member of the Armed Forces of a friendly foreign nation who, after 1 June 1962, distinguishes himself or herself by an act of heroism, extraordinary achievement, or meritorious service which has been of mutual benefit to a friendly nation and the United States. Awards of the ARCOM may be made for acts of valor performed under circumstances described above which are of lesser degree than required for award of the Bronze Star Medal. These acts may involve aerial flight. The ARCOM may be awarded for acts of noncombatant-related heroism which does not meet the requirements for an award of the Soldier’s Medal. The ARCOM will not be awarded to general officers. Awards of the ARCOM may be made to any individual commended after 6 December 1941 and before 1 January 1946 in a letter, certificate, or order of commendation, as distinguished from letter of appreciation, signed by an officer in the grade or position of a major general or higher. Veterans and retirees may submit letter applications to the National Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63132–5100. Soldiers who retired or were discharged after 1 October 2002 will send their letter application to the Commander, U.S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC–CC–B, 1 Reserve Way, St. Louis, MO 63132–5200. Awards of the Army Commendation Ribbon and of the Commendation Ribbon with Metal Pendant were redesignated by DA General Orders 10, 31 March 1960, as awards of the Army Commendation Medal, without amendment of orders previously issued."

[b][size=14pt]Army Achievement Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/ArmyAchievementMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for donation of 20 USD to further the unit's success.[/i]
[i]Can be awarded upon the Commanding Officer's request.[/i]

"The Army Achievement Medal (AAM) was established by the Secretary of the Army, 10 April 1981, as announced in Department of the Army General Order 15, 1990. The AAM is awarded to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States, or to any member of the Armed Forces of a friendly foreign nation, who distinguished himself or herself by meritorious service or achievement of a lesser degree than required for award of the Army Commendation Medal. The AAM will not be awarded to general officers."

[b][size=14pt]Good Conduct Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/ArmyGoodConductMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for no disciplinary actions during a period of three consecutive months.[/i]

"The Army Good Conduct Medal was established by Executive Order 8809, 28 June 1941 and was amended by Executive Order 9323, 1943 and by Executive Order 10444, 10 April 1953. It is awarded for exemplary behavior, efficiency, and fidelity in active Federal military service. It is awarded on a selective basis to each Soldier who distinguishes himself or herself from among his or her fellow Soldiers by their exemplary conduct, efficiency, and fidelity throughout a specified period of continuous enlisted active Federal military service, as outlined in this chapter. There is no right or entitlement to the medal until the immediate commander has approved the award and the award has been announced in permanent orders."

[b][size=14pt]American Defense Service Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/AmericanDefenseServiceMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for graduation of unit Basic Combat Training.[/i]

"The American Defense Service Medal was established by Executive Order 8808, announced in War Department Bulletin 17, 1941. It is awarded for service between 8 September 1939 and 7 December 1941 under orders to active duty for a period of 12 months or longer. A clasp, with the inscription "Foreign Service", is worn on the ADSM to denote service outside the continental limits of the United States, including service in Alaska, as a member of a crew of a vessel sailing ocean waters, flights over ocean waters, or as an assigned member of a organization stationed outside the continental limits of the United States. Possession of a clasp is denoted by the wearing of a bronze service star on the service ribbon."

[b][size=14pt]American Campaign Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/AmericanCampaignMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for graduation of unit Non-Commissioned Officer School.[/i]
*Additional awards denote each paygrade past E-5, Corporal.

"The American Campaign Medal was established by Executive Order 9265 (WD Bul. 56, 1942), as amended by Executive Order 9706, 15 March 1946. It is awarded for service within the American Theater between 7 December 1941 and 2 March 1946 under any of the following conditions:
(1) On permanent assignment outside the continental limits of the United States.
(2) Permanently assigned as a member of a crew of a vessel sailing ocean waters for a period of 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days.
(3) Outside the continental limits of the United States in a passenger status or on temporary duty for 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days.
(4) In active combat against the enemy and was awarded a combat decoration or furnished a certificate by the commanding general of a corps, higher unit, or independent force that the Soldier actually participated in combat.
(5) Within the continental limits of the United States for an aggregate period of 1 year."

[b][size=14pt]European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/EuropeanAfricanMiddleEasternCampaignMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for participation in one official unit match.[/i]

"The European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal was established by Executive Order 9265, announced in War Department Bulletin 56, 1942, as amended by Executive Order 9706, 15 March 1947. It is awarded for service within the European-African-Middle Eastern Theater between 7 December 1941 and 8 November 1945 under any of the conditions as prescribed in paragraph 5–13. The boundaries of European-African-Middle Eastern Theater are as follows:
(1) The eastern boundary is coincident with the western boundary of the Asiatic-Pacific Theater.
(2) The western boundary is coincident with the eastern boundary of the American Theater.

One bronze service star is authorized for each campaign under the following conditions:
(1) Assigned or attached to, and present for duty with, a unit during the period in which it participated in combat.
(2) Under orders in the combat zone and in addition meets any of the following requirements:
(a)  Awarded a combat decoration.
(b)  Furnished a certificate by a commanding general of a corps or higher unit or independent force that he actually participated in combat.
(c)  Served at a normal post of duty (as contrasted to occupying the status of an inspector, observer, or visitor).
(d)  Aboard a vessel other than in a passenger status and furnished a certificate by the home port commander of the vessel that he served in the combat zone.
(3) Was an evadee or escapee in the combat zone or recovered from a prisoner-of-war status in the combat zone during the time limitations of the campaign. Prisoners of war will not be accorded credit for the time spent in confinement or while otherwise in restraint under enemy control.

The arrowhead is authorized for wear on this medal to denote participation in a combat parachute jump, helicopter assault landing, combat glider landing, or amphibious assault landing, while assigned or attached as a member of an organized force carrying out an assigned tactical mission."

[b][size=14pt]World War Two Victory Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/WorldWarTwoVictoryMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for participation in one official unit match in which the unit was victorious.[/i]

"The World War II Victory Medal was established by the act of Congress 6 July 1945 (59 Stat 461). It is awarded for service between 7 December 1941 and 31 December 1946, both dates inclusive."

[b][size=14pt]Army of Occupation Medal[/size][/b]

[img]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/hannza/ArmyofOccupationMedal1.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for six consecutive months of service.[/i]

The Army of Occupation Medal was established by War Department General Orders 32, 1946. It is awarded for service for 30 consecutive days at a normal post of duty (as contrasted to inspector, visitor, courier, escort, passenger, temporary duty, or detached service) while assigned to any of the following:
(1) Army of Occupation of Germany (exclusive of Berlin) between 9 May 1945 and 5 May 1955. (Service between 9 May and 8 November 1945 will be counted only if the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 9 May 1945.)
(2) Service for the prescribed period with a unit which has been designated in DA general orders as having met the requirement for the Berlin airlift device.
(3) Service for which the individual was awarded the Berlin airlift device in orders issued by appropriate field authority.
(4) Army of Occupation of Austria between 9 May 1945 and 27 July 1955. (Service between 9 May and 8 November 1945 will be counted only if the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 9 May 1945.)
(5) Army of Occupation of Berlin between 9 May 1945 and 2 October 1990. (Service between 9 May and 8 November 1945 will be counted only if the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 9 May 1945.)
(6) Army of Occupation Italy between 9 May 1945 and 15 September 1947 in the compartment of Venezia Giulia

Zara or Province of Udine, or with a unit in Italy as designated in DA General Orders 4, 1947. (Service between 7 May and 8 November 1945 will be counted only if the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 9 May 1945.)
(7) Army of Occupation of Japan between 3 September 1945 and 27 April 1952 in the four main islands of Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu, the surrounding smaller islands of the Japanese homeland, the Ryukyu Islands, and the Bonin-Volcano Islands. (Service between 3 September 1945 and 2 March 1946 will be counted only if the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 3 September 1945. In addition, service which meets the requirements for the Korean Service Medal as prescribed in para 5–8 will not be counted in determining eligibility for this medal.)
(8) Army of Occupation of Korea between 3 September 1945 and 29 June 1949, inclusive. (Service between 3 September 1945 and 2 March 1946 will be counted only if the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal was awarded for service before 3 September 1945.)

Clasps and the Berlin airlift device are authorized for wear on the Army of Occupation Medal. They are as follows:
(1) The Army of Occupation Medal Clasp is authorized to Soldiers who served in the European Theater during the occupation of Europe will wear the clasp inscribed "Germany." Soldiers who served in the Far East Theater during the occupation of the Far East will wear the Clasp inscribed "Japan." Clasps bearing other inscriptions are not authorized. (The Army of Occupation Medal Clasp is described in para 6–7.)
(2) The Berlin Airlift Device is awarded for service of 92 consecutive days with a unit credited with participation in the Berlin airlift, or by competent field authority on an individual basis. Qualifying service must have been entirely within the period from 26 June 1948 to 30 September 1949, inclusive. Orders announcing award of the Berlin Airlift device will specifically award the Army of Occupation Medal to persons not otherwise eligible therefore."

[hr]

[b][size=18pt]Badges[/size][/b]

[b][size=14pt]Recruiter Badge (RB)[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WRa2L.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for highest total number of recruits during tour of duty.[/i]
* This is not a permanent award.

[b][size=14pt]First Recruiter Award (RA1)[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/QAqzN.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for recruiting 3 recruits into one Training Platoon.[/i]
* This is a permanent award.

[b][size=14pt]Second Recruiter Award (RA2)[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ai2Px.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for recruiting 5 recruits into one Training Platoon.[/i]

[b][size=14pt]Third Recruiter Award (RA3)[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ClOog.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for recruiting 7 recruits into one Training Platoon.[/i]

[b][size=14pt]Fourth Recruiter Award (RA4)[/size][/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/l5KD6.png[/img]

[i]Awarded for recruiting 10 recruits into one Training Platoon.[/i]

[b][size=14pt]Criteria for requests[/size][/b]
Any member upon personally witnessing any criteria listed above can present to his or her Chain of Command the request for recognition upon another individual. Members may not personally recommend themselves for any award. The Platoon Leader is the final authority on all medals for men under his command. When requesting an award, please use form located in the S-1 Administration forum. Keep in mind some medals will require one or several witnesses.[/quote]

Admin
Admin

https://1strangers.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum